Monday, September 12, 2011

Liz's first day interning at IFCE

Despite the torrential rain this morning, I made it safely and relatively dry to the IFCE office.  After meeting the AEPA interns and being a bit confused where the actual office was, I finally made it to the IFCE office.  Today was a relatively short day because I had to go to a class in the afternoon, but I can already see how being an intern at IFCE will be interesting, as well as benefit me.  The internship seems pretty academic because it includes a lot of researching, presenting and taking notes from going to speaker events located around DC.  I’m very excited to start going to these events, especially because previously I had signed up for email lists (such as from the Wilson Center) and had the intention and interest of going to these speakers, but never actually had the “push” to make myself get there.  Now, because I am interning for IFCE I have a reason to make myself get there!  One of my tasks today was to prepare for a presentation on Monday on whatever topic pertaining to the environment I would like to research.  I am excited for this opportunity to practice my presentation skills, and hope people will be interested in geo-engineering, the topic I will be talking about on Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Yea,we need to take a lot of initiative to everything in IFCE, keep "pushing" yourself here. You did great on your first presentation. Hope you enjoy the time in IFCE.

    ReplyDelete