Monday, September 12, 2011

Colleen's First Day at IFCE

Last Friday was my first day as an IFCE intern, and, after spending most of the day learning more about environmental and energy issues in the United States and China, I am very excited for this semester to begin. Despite talking about many of these issues in previous classes, from my one day spent at the office, I realized that there remains an incredible amount of information for me to discover and topics to further explore. This Wednesday, I am planning on attending an event for IFCE at The Brookings Institution, entitled Intellectuals Divided: The Growing Political and Ideological Debate in China. I think that this discussion will be extremely beneficial in helping me to establish a framework with which to better understand the current political mood in China and the effect that it has on environmental issues. As for now, I am working on deciding on a topic for my first presentation on Friday and looking forward to returning for my second day this afternoon!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you enjoyed your first day in IFCE. Prepare for more tasks:P

    Jie

    ReplyDelete